Monday, August 3, 2009

First day in Murdoch University

Ok. School is fun, interesting and intimidating at the same time.

Lectures that I attended (and 'crashed' - is to see what electives shld i take):

1) Genetic at 8.30am
Hmm.. Understandable.. Although I was stumped by the question that the lecturer gave (because of the funny name; silly putty, thumb tacks, fuzzy dice). Imagine the question about genetic materials contains these kind of name.. It really had me stumped for a minute before I decided to sub in better names like proteins, lipids and DNA. Zzzz...

2) Parasitology at 10.30am
This is one damn cool subject!! Lecturer introduced protozoa for lecture today and it really interesting!! But I won't recommend anyone taking it coz you'll be competing with all the vet students and if you don't have any background knowledge of parasitology you will suffer really bad..

3) Advances in Medical Science at 12.30pm
The lecturer scared the student on the FIRST DAY with an assignment (6000 words) on a gene in some medical science studies. Hahaha. But the upcoming lectures will be so cool.. Different speakers from all over the Australia will be coming to teach them.. Oh man.. I want to take that like NOW...

4) Biochemistry II at 4.30pm
Its a CHALLENGING unit. HAHAHAHA. REAL CHALLENGE. Besides having tests on every fortnight, we have to read up A LOT. And the first lecture was simply a challenge to me. But its my fault coz I didn't read up the notes before that. And the best part is that the notes are in the form of real notes, not powerpoint slides. And the lecturer didn't follow the notes.. So we have to guess what is he teaching and which example is he telling us and all.. Hahaha. But I love the lecture. Its really challenging and fun. =)))

And guess what.. They have MONEY awarded to the student who scored the highest among the cohort.. HAHA.. A real incentive for me. HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment